Sunday, December 23, 2012

By His Wounds

Hey everyone!
   
     I don't even know who's going to read this, let alone if anyone will. But for some reason I just have to write it down. Lately, I've had a few verses on my mind. They've struck a chord with me and I thought I might share them with you. :)


Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
(Hebrews 4:14-16 ESV)

   Do you get that? Every single time I read it I get goosebumps!I just can't get over that the almighty God of the universe would love me- a sinner.Sometimes I believe that I really am too messed up to be a part of God's kingdom. Can anyone else relate?
   But guys, that is a flat-out lie from the devil. God loves us for who we are through Him.In sending His perfect son to earth He broke through to us. He sent His perfect, spotless lamb to be brutally murdered.So that we-Sons and Daughters of the King could spend an eternity delighting in Him.
   Jesus really did experience all the evils and temptation of this world.


He stayed steady, never wavering. For me. 

He was born to a sin-driven world.For me.
He was spit, cursed, and mocked. For me.
He was beaten and bloodied. For me.
He wore a crown of thorns. For me.
He was nailed to a tree. For me. 
He rose from the grave, defeating sin and death! For me.
And He's waiting for me- anxiously anticipating me at the gate of Heaven.




And that is the greatest love story ever written. Most girls want a man to save them. I was saved by a man about 2,000 years ago, and will never be the same. 








1 comment: