Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Patience is a difficult thing!

 Patience is a difficult thing! 

Alright, So if you know anything about my family, you know we've been going through a lot of changes lately.Well, to start, in October we unexpectedly got custody of my three cousins Cain (8), Angel (6) and Dahlia (2months). It has been a battle ever since the beginning.
Shortly following getting them, we realized that these kids have endured serious abuse in every way a kid can be abused. They have many peculiar mannerisms and disturbing behavior that we have to correct daily.

  It has been the most exhausting, frustrating, irritating, and crazy months of my life. In these moments of frustration,  I am reminded just how much God loves and cares for me. It's crazy basically being a "mom" at fifteen.My mom works a lot, and sometimes I just want to give up. Between washing grimy dishes, attitudes of grouchy siblings, helping with homework, desperately trying to keep up with my own schoolwork, I'm exhausted. I literally drop in bed at night.

We are making progress, but it's slow moving and often times, take a lot of patience.

It's been tough, but I have made it through the school-year! :)

Cain (p.s. He's not really mad :P)
Miss.Angel
Dahlia and Me, obviously

Angel and Dahlia
Cain, Angel, and Dahlia
:)
Angel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment